September 2, 2010

Representation Of Food And Eating On Television

I love cooking shows or shows about food.  I don't really care what it is, I can stare at it for hours as long as I have potato chips and something to drink.  Anthony Bordain, Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, The-One-Guy-That-Eats-Crazy-Food, Alton Brown and Giada De Laurentiis are my favorites, but all for very different reasons.
Anthony Bordain because he likes and has no fear of street food and is a general badass.  I have a certain affinity for this type of thing:
Crickets In Thailand





Rachel Ray because of this.  She's like a cute little piglet.
Paula Deen because she understands the importance of cooking with butter (google: old lady that cooks with a lot of butter and she's the 6th hit).  She even has a recipe that is just fried butter.  No joke.  And this blog has a running series of posts titled:  Paula Dean Is Trying To Kill Us.  She loves food, I love food and I guess, by the transitive property, I love her.
The-One-Guy-That-Eats-Crazy-Food could be Andrew Zimmern or Adam Richman.  Both of them are a waste of time, but like I said:  chips and drinks.
Alton Brown because he is a mad scientist of food.  I also owe my ability to cook a turkey to him and his many youtube videos. And I can do it well, BTW.
Giada De Laurentiis shoots her show in HD, and that makes everything really nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so leave us a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...