January 12, 2011

Black Eyed Peas

It's like a tradition or something right?  Well I know I'm late, but I just ate my black eyed peas.  I was on the road New Year's Day and have traveled a bit since.

Here is my recipe (sans bacon):

1 small onion, sliced
1 can of black eyed peas
1 spoonful of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
2 spoonfuls of salsa
1/2 can of water
salt and pepper to taste

cheese and arugula for garnish/awesomeness




Brown the onions in a skillet with a little butter or oil then add the can of peas, water included.  Add all other ingredients and let it simmer until most of the water is gone.

Yeah that was tough.  Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so leave us a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...